The Torrey Pines Church Surf Ministry is a community of people who surf and love the ocean. Everyone is welcome to become part of the Torrey Pines Church Surf Ministry whether you surf or not.
The Torrey Pines Surf Ministry exists to:
- Model Jesus to the surfing community
- Assist the Naval Hospital Surf Clinic surfing rehab program for Wounded Warriors
- Offer surfing every Saturday at La Jolla Shores (free boards and wet suits)
- Teach surfing to challenge athletes
- Support of surfing for Boy Scouts, church youth groups, and High Schools.
- Support Surf Club “RIO” (Ride It Out), a military surf club for Wounded Warriors.
Surf Ministry: Sharing Your Faith
We’re teaching surfing to wounded warriors who are involved in Balboa Park Naval Hospitals Surf Clinic. This is a time when we can give back to those who have given so much for our freedom.
17th Street in Del Mar
8:00am – 1:00pm
Our Surf Ministry team meets at La Jolla Shores every Saturday. We offer a Bible Study at 8am for those who want to attend and then we surf together. For those who don’t know how or even don’t have the gear to surf, we loan out free equipment and offer free lessons to anyone who asks. It’s a great opportunity to share the love of God with the surfing community from all over the globe.
La Jolla Shores
8:00am – 5:00pm
*Surf boards and wet suits provided
For more information contact Bob Bishop (858-926-6067) or Darren Klassen (619-316-1084).