EastLake Church Children’s Center is looking for a full-time Director. Located in Chula Vista, CA, the center is a weekday extension of the ministries of EastLake Church. Currently, the Children’s Center serves approximately 150 children ages 2 to Kinder with 28 staff.
The Director must have strong leadership qualities, effective communication skills, experience in conflict resolution and ability to connect well with both children and their families. In addition, the Director must be able to provide continued evaluation and improvement of systems and curriculum as well as keep pace with current technology and trends.
The Director is responsible for the overall management of the operation of the center within the compliance of the California Child Care Licensing Division Day Care regulations. As an employee of EastLake Church, the Director must agree to abide by all provisions of the Employee Handbook including being a member of EastLake Church as well as abiding by our Cultural Expectation which are reflective of our deeply held religious beliefs. Once we receive your resume, we will send out more information on our policies and beliefs for your review.
Responsible for all aspects of the Children’s Center at EastLake Church through the supervision, development and equipping of teachers and staff of the center.
- As liaison for EastLake Church leadership; embrace, vision cast and implement any change to the Children’s Center at EastLake Church.
- Interview and recommend candidates for hire.
- Supervise and direct the work of the hired employees and volunteers.
- Train and evaluate staff. Establish, implement and oversee a plan for in-service staff training.
- Assist in establishing the school’s philosophy, program, policies and budget.
- Work with Human Resources Manager to plan and implement procedures that lead to wholesome interpersonal relationships between staff members.
- Plan the school calendar including Holidays, training and closures.
- Maintain records on personnel, students, finances and any other documentation required by the State of California.
- Maintain daily operations of the school by being present during the operating hours or by temporarily designating a fully qualified teacher to act as Site Supervisor.
- Planning for, purchasing and maintaining equipment and supplies needed for the school to maintain a quality program.
- Oversee the process of parent interviews, registration and enrollment of children.
- Handle parent conferences when the situation requires the involvement of the director.
- Conduct regularly scheduled staff meetings. Attend other meetings as they relate to the preschool operations and finances.
- Plan and organize any family events held by the preschool.
- Plan and administer beginning of year activities such as open house and parent orientation meeting.
- Plan emergency/disaster plan and conduct fire drills.
- Maintain membership in professional organizations and stay up to date on issues related to child care and early childhood education.
- Delegate as necessary and appropriate any of the above duties or elements thereof to qualified staff persons.
Experience and educational requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years teaching experience as a preschool teacher preferred
- Education and/or credentials as outlined by the state of California “Child Care Center Director Qualifications and Duties” in the California DSS Manual
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience in a professional position – supervisory experience in early childhood/preschool education as director, assistant director or site supervisor preferred.
- The following required prior to hiring
- Fingerprint clearance through Live Scan
- Current physical and TB test
- Current Pediatric CPR and First Aid Certification and Preventative Health Practices
- Required immunizations
- Mandated Reporter and Pesticide Training Certificate
Salary to be determined based on applicant’s education and experience, plus health benefits, and option to participate in 403b retirement plan with employer matching.
Candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.